This course was a live presentation at a dental conference on recognizing Hypersomnia in patients that have been treated for Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). Dr. Rasmus presented an overview of patients that have been treated for OSA but are still sleepy, so that when clinicians are presented with this condition, they are more prepared to assess, evaluate and treat them appropriately.
The learner will be able to:
- Understand the scope of persistent hypersomnia in OSA patients.
- Define “Hypersomnia” and the tools used to diagnose and categorize sleepiness.
- Understand and recognize comorbid conditions that may contribute to hypersomnia.
- Understand behavioral and pharmacologic treatment modalities for hypersomnia.
- Understand roadmap to diagnosing and treating hypersomnia associated with OSA.